For our first tutorial, we thought we would layout the easiest way we have found to put the pattern pieces together.
1. Print out pattern pieces following the printing instructions:
When printing pattern pieces, make sure that “page scaling” is set to “none” and “auto center and rotate” is checked. Pattern pieces print on 8.5” x 11” paper (with the exception of The Harper Dress pattern which prints on legal sized paper. We will be changing that to print on letter sized soon!)
2. Cut out pieces around the largest size (In this example, we are using the Sophia Tunic pattern and cutting out a size 3T).
3. Tape piece number #1 of 4 to a window.
4. Holding piece #2 of 4 over piece #1 of 4, overlay dots and tape the pieces together so the dots appear as one.
5. Place piece #3 of 4 over piece #2 of 4, overlaying dots so they appear as one. Tape.
6. Place piece #4 of 4 over what you have so far, matching dots on piece #3 of 4 and piece #2 of 4. Tape.
7. Now cut out the entire pattern to the size you want. You can keep the sizes you cut off to tape on later, or you can reprint the pattern for next time!
8. Repeat steps for back of tunic and sleeve. This is what the pattern pieces should look like. Now you are ready to cut the pattern pieces out of your fabric!